Advice and support
This section of the website aims to give you basic advice and support on a variety of matters, including;
- highlighting the standards of Customer Care you can expect from us
- providing information on home fire safety
- handy tips for staying warm at home during the winter
- explaining the types of insurance you may need
- suggesting other useful websites
Click on the link to see general advice leaflet from the Fire and Rescue Service covering fire safety, road safety, water safety, flooding advice and keeping warm in winter.
Our advice leaflets are available within our publications pages or from Customer Services on 0300 303 1010.
If you would like any item in this section translated, please contact Customer Services. We can also supply large print and audio versions.
Additional advice : My Advice Gateway is a free resource to help you quickly find the information you need to claim benefits, access help and support or look for a job or training opportunites. The site is designed to be easy to use and has filtered through the numerous other information/government sites so you can find the information quickly. Click here to visit My Advice Gateway.