It is important to have insurance, to protect against potential risks and damage.
There are two types of insurance:

Buildings insurance

This covers the buildings and 'fixtures'.

We are responsible for insuring the building against certain potential risks, such as fire, explosion, lightning, smoke damage, water damage, falling trees or branches, etc.

If the building needs rebuilding, our insurance would help us to rebuild it.

The buildings insurance also covers 'fixtures' we have installed and secured to the structure of the building, such as kitchen units and bathroom suites.

If you are a leaseholder, or shared owner, you will be paying Paradigm Housing Group for your share of the buildings insurance premium. If you would like a summary of this insurance cover, please contact our Customer Services team on 0300 303 1010.

Contents insurance

From 1 August 2016, Paradigm will no longer provide home contents insurance cover.

It is the responsibility of our tenants to make sure that they have home contents insurance.

The National Housing Federation offers My Home contents insurance, an independent, affordable home contents insurance cover specifically designed for social housing tenants that can be paid in fortnightly or monthly instalments.

You can find out more about My Home by going to: or calling 0345 450 7288.

Other insurance cover is available but may not provide cover for things that are your responsibility as a social housing tenant - such as damage to windows, locks or decoration.