If you want to move out of your home and end your tenancy with us you will need to do the following things:
- give us at least four weeks’ notice by contacting our Customer Service team on 0300 303 1010 and filling in a 'Notice to Quit' form. We will arrange for a surveyor to visit you
- tell us the date you are moving
- organise any repairs which need to be done before you move out
- pay your rent up to the end of your tenancy
- tell us the address you are moving to before you move out.
You must ensure:
- the property is left in good decorative order, in a clean, tidy condition and free from furniture, personal possessions and rubbish
- all fixtures and fittings are left in good condition
- all external areas are clear of personal belongings and rubbish
- all greenery is in a manageable condition
- there are no debts on the utility meters and any utility card/key is left in the property
- all keys are returned to us before 12noon on the next working day after your tenancy ends.
In addition, you will also need to tell others you have moved, including the local authority and your utility suppliers.
If you have a joint tenancy and only one of you is leaving, both of you should notify us so we can look into the possibility of transferring the tenancy to the person who is staying.
Please read our Ending a tenancy advice leaflet for more information.
If you need to end your tenancy because you are permanently moving into a nursing or residential home or other form of supported accommodation, please read our advice leaflet entitled Ending a tenancy - moving into a nursing or residential home.
To end a tenancy on behalf of a tenant who has passed away, see our Ending a tenancy - on the death of a tenant advice leaflet.
If you would like help with completing the forms attached to these leaflets, please call us on 0300 303 1010.