Welfare Reform advice resources
The following sites offer advice and information around current benefits, the upcoming changes, support and guidance around managing money and debt as well as help with housing concerns.
Information on benefits
- The government’s benefits information website - www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
- You can check what benefits you are entitled to through this benefit adviser.
- Department of Work & Pensions - helpline: 0800 138 1111
- Turn 2 Us - www.turn2us.org.uk - benefits advice charity with details of grant giving charities
- My Advice Gateway - www.myadvicegateway.org - comprehensive benefits information
- Benefits are changing (Buckinghamshire) - printable pdf overview of Welfare Reform from Bucks County Council.
Money and debt management
- The Money Advice Service - www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk - free, impartial money advice
- Money Advice Trust - www.moneyadvicetrust.org - charitable debt advice with a helpline on 020 7489 7796
- StepChange Debt Charity - www.stepchange.org - free online debt counselling, CCJ advice, budgeting and advice, try their debt test today. Helpline: 0800 138 1111
- National Debt Line - www.nationaldebtline.co.uk - free debt advice helpline- 0808 808 4000
- Citizens Advice - www.citizensadvice.org.uk - find your nearest local bureau here
- My Advice Gateway - www.myadvicegateway.org - also includes advice on work, debt, borrowing and much more
- Shelter - www.shelter.org.uk - free housing and debt advice helpline - 0808 800 4444
- Home swapper - www.homeswapper.co.uk - site to help you exchange homes
- Find a home - www.paradigmhousing.co.uk/find-a-home/ our page with advice and links on finding a new home