Please remember that it is important to pay your rent when it is due.

How often the rent is due day the rent payment is due
Every week Monday
Every 4 weeks The first Monday of the four weekly period
Every month The first day of the month

If the payment date falls on a bank holiday, you should pay on the previous working day.

If you are having problems making payments, you should contact Customer Services or arrange to talk to your tenancy and neighbourhood officer by phoning 0300 303 1010 as soon as you know that you are going to have a problem. If you do not pay your rent it could lead to you losing your home.

The amount of rent you pay depends on the following.

  • The type of tenancy you have with us
  • The size of your property
  • The services and facilities we provide

We always write to you and tell you about any changes to the amount of rent you pay.

 How can I pay my rent? There are several methods of paying your rent.

By direct debit  Direct Debit

We encourage customers to pay by Direct Debit wherever possible.   Your payment will automatically be taken on time and you will always be notified of any changes before they happen.

Your Direct Debit is protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme.  This means:

  • if the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change, we will make the amendments for you and tell you at least five working days before your accounts is debited
  • if we or your bank or building society make a mistake, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your bank or building society
  • you can cancel a direct debit at any time by calling 0300 303 8048 or by contacting your bank or building society.

Call us on 0300 303 8048 and we can set up your Direct Debt.

By phone or in person

You can pay using a debit card or credit card (credit card charges may apply) over the phone by calling 0300 303 1010 or in person at the following offices:

1 White Hill Chesham Buckinghamshire HP5 1AB

Opening hours:
Monday: 9am-4pm
Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday: Closed
Thursday: 9am-1pm
Friday: 9am-1pm

This office has wheelchair access and a lift.

By cash or cheque at any post office  postOffice

You will need to take your plastic payment card with you when you visit the post office. You may also use temporary payment slips at the post office if you do not have a payment card.

At a 'Payzone' point  payzone

If you have a plastic rent payment card you can use this at any Payzone point. There are around 17,000 across the UK, and are often at newsagents and petrol stations. You can pay using cash, debit cards or credit cards.

By post (Do not send cash by post)

Please send cheques to:

Paradigm Housing Group
1 Glory Park Avenue
Woburn Green
HP10 0DF

You will also need to include your address and tenancy reference number to make sure that payments get to your account. If you are not sure what your tenancy reference number is Customer Services will be able to help you with this.

By internet payment

You can make rent payments at any time of the day or night.

To pay online visit our Pay rent online web page. The page tells you what you need to do to make an online payment.

How do I get a statment of my rent account?

To get an up-to-date statement of your account, please phone Customer Services. We will send you a statement once a year.

You can also view your rent account online. Go to our website at and choose the 'View your account online' option on the homepage. The website tells you what you need to do to view your account online.

Are you having problems paying your rent?

If something happens which affects whether or not you can pay your rent, please phone Customer Services immediately.

We can arrange for a member of staff to phone you or visit you at home to give you advice.

You can contact Citizens Advice, Step Change (formerly the Consumer Credit Counselling Service) 0800 138 1111, the National Debtline 0808 808 4000 or a local money advice centre.

Will I be eligible for Housing Benefit?

If you think you are eligible for housing benefit, please contact your local council for more advice and help. You can add contact details for your local council in booklet seven 'Local contact information'.

Even if part of your rent is made up of housing benefit, it is your responsibility to make sure that all the rent is paid.