Money advice services

If you’re having trouble paying your rent or bills, it’s essential that you seek help immediately.

We work with a number of agencies that can give you money and other forms of relevant advice. They’ll also be able to help you manage your debt, advise you on how to budget or even make sure you’re getting the right benefits.

The Paradigm Foundation, in partnership with Citizens Advice, has set up specialist services for Paradigm Housing residents in the Chiltern area and also in Hertfordshire.

If you don’t live in these areas you can still access standard CAB services.

Changes to the benefit system

There are changes to the benefit system which may impact your income or change the way you receive benefits.

You can find more out about these changes below.

Plus Plus Universal Credit

A new, single benefit payment for people who are either looking for work or on a low income. Universal Credit will eventually replace Jobseeker’s allowance, Income Support, Child Tax Credits, Working Tax Credit and Housing Benefit.

Plus Plus Housing Benefit

If you’re on low income and not currently claiming Universal Credit, you may be able to claim Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent. How much you get depends on your income and circumstances.

Plus Plus Benefit Cap

Since April 2013, the Government have limited the total amount of benefit that most working age people receive – called the ‘Benefit Cap’.

Plus Plus Benefit Calculators

If you think you may be entitled to benefits, you can use this benefits calculator to find out what benefits you could get and how to claim. You’ll also be able to find out how your benefits will be affected if you start work.

Plus Plus Personal Independence Payment

Personal Independence Payment is replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA). This could help you with any extra costs caused by long-term ill health or disability.