Coronavirus – important information for residents
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been continuing to carry out emergency repairs and gas checks in a safe way and we are still doing this. Our offices are closed but we are still on hand to deal with housing enquiries.
You can find out more about what we consider an emergency repair below:
What is an emergency repair?
- Gas leak
- Full loss of electricity
- Severe uncontainable internal water leak creating an unsafe situation (e.g. electrics, ceiling collapse)
- If your carbon monoxide detector is activated
- No hot water
- No heating
- Urgent repairs relating to your fire alarm system
- Damaged asbestos materials in a living area
- Unusable toilet, if it is your only toilet
- Blocked wet room (for vulnerable tenants only)
- Repairs to make your front or back door secure, door entry systems
- Communal lighting
- Any other repair that we identify needs immediate access or intervention
In line with government guidance, we are now also doing some non-urgent repairs; you can find out more about this here.
If a Paradigm technician is due to visit your home, please contact us as soon as possible if you are self-isolating. Click here for the latest NHS advice on coronavirus
Paying your rent
If you are unable to work because you are self-isolating and this means you are unable to pay your rent, please contact us so that we can support you to manage any arrears.
If you usually pay your rent in person, for example at the Post Office, but are unable to do so, there are a range of other ways you can still make a payment. If you can’t leave the house, you make a telephone payment by calling 0300 303 1010. This payment line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For the full range of ways to pay, click here.