Home contents insurance

It's your responsibility to arrange your own home contents insurance cover.

The National Housing Federation offers easy and affordable home contents insurance to social housing residents that can be paid weekly.

You can find out more about My Home Contents Insurance by going to:

or calling 0345 450 7288.

The scheme is available to all residents of social housing provider managed properties including tenants, leaseholders, shared owners, key workers and market rent tenants.

There are no minimum property security requirements and there are no policy excesses.

Premiums can be paid fortnightly or monthly by cash at any post office or pay zone outlet, monthly by direct debit, annually by cheque, postal order, debit or credit card.

Although this insurance is designed specifically for social housing tenants and has a number of advantages, you may also want to compare the prices with other providers.