Service charges

What are service charges?

They pay for the services we provide to your estate or block. This could include cleaning communal areas, looking after any outside space, lift maintenance and communal lighting. Any changes in the amount you pay will take effect from July each year.

If you are unhappy with your service charge you can contact the First-tier tribunal, commonly referred to as the Residential Property Tribunal Service on 0207 446 7700 for all London boroughs or 0845 100 2616 for other areas. More information is available at

Can I see my rent and/or service charge statements?

Log on to the myparadigm portal where you can see your rent account, report repairs and make online payments.

Or you can ring Customer Services on 0300 303 1010 to ask for a statement.

What are water charges?

Water charges are only included in the total weekly rent for residents in the Chiltern district who don’t have a water meter. Paradigm pay the water charges for the year to Affinity Water and pass this on to tenants as a weekly payment, based on the rateable value of the property.

Please contact your water company if you would like a meter installed.