Your wellbeing

Plus Plus Where can I go if I need mental health support?

We have partnered with Herts Mind to deliver coordinated support to residents in Hertfordshire and the Chesham/Amersham area, but would also advise any of our residents with concerns about their mental health to seek help and advice from their GP or local healthcare provider.

For more information about local mental health services, choose your location and follow the link.

For nationwide support, try these:

Plus Plus What support is available to me if I'm experiencing domestic abuse?

In an emergency, always dial 999.

Victim Support
National charity giving free and confidential help to victims of crime, witnesses, their friends and family. Visit Victim Support or call 0808 16 89 111.

Provides support for women and children through a variety of services including refuges, independent advocacy, community outreach projects, culturally specific services and the 24 hour National Domestic Violence Helpline, run in partnership with Women’s Aid. Visit their website or call 0808 2000 247.

National Centre for Domestic Violence
A fast, free emergency injunction service for survivors of domestic violence. Visit their website, call 0800 970 2070, text 60777 or email

A charity working with adults and children experiencing domestic abuse. Visit Hestia, call 020 7378 3100 or email

A charity supporting families experiencing domestic abuse across Windsor & Maidenhead, South Bucks and Slough. Visit their website or call 01753 549865

Herts Sunflower
A service supporting people who have been abused or people who know someone who has been abused. Visit Herts Sunflower or call 08 088 088 088.

Women’s Aid
A grassroots federation working together to provide life-saving services and build a future where domestic violence is not tolerated. They offer a live chat service. Visit their website: Women’s Aid.

Rights of Women
Support and legal advice for women: Rights of Women

Hillingdon Women’s Centre
Providing much-needed services to vulnerable women within the local community. Hillingdon Women’s Centre 

Wycombe Women’s Aid 
A registered charity working in the Wycombe, South Bucks and Chiltern Districts of Buckinghamshire. They work with women and children who are experiencing or trying to escape domestic violence and who are dealing with its effects and consequences. Visit Wycombe Womens Aid or call 01494 461367.

Welwyn Hatfield Women’s Refuge and Support Services
Offer temporary crisis accommodation for women fleeing domestic violence and abuse. Welwyn Hatfield Women’s Refuge or call 01707 373743.

Home Start, Central Beds
Provide vital domestic support services to families with young children in Central Bedfordshire and Luton. Visit their website or call 01582 660661.

Men’s Advice Line and Enquiries
Provides emotional support and practical advice for any male in a heterosexual, gay, bi-sexual or transgender relationship. Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men.

Provides hate crime, domestic abuse and sexual violence support services to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans + victims/survivors by telephone, email, text and WhatsApp. Galop 

Plus Plus Substance addiction support

For you:

NHS alcohol support and drug addiction have lots of information if you think your drinking or drug use is causing you problems.

DrinkAware can help you reduce your drinking and understand its effects. Track your units and calories with their DrinkAware app.

The CGL alcohol and drugs quiz can provide tips and advice on what to do next.

FRANK has a wealth of information about drug use and its effects. Call 0300 123 6600 24/7, text 82111 or email via their website.

Narcotics Anonymous and Cocaine Anonymous provide free confidential online support for drug users.

Alcoholics Anonymous provides free self-help support for people experiencing alcohol problems.

Breaking Free: an online recovery support programme you can access 24/7.

OK Rehab. If you need treatment for drug addiction, alcoholism or even behavioural addictions, you can call OK Rehab on 0800 326 5559 or email


For someone you know:

FRANK is a support service that provides information about drugs, plus advice for people who use drugs, and their parents or carers. Call the Frank helpline 24/7: 0300 123 6600.

Adfam has local support groups and helpful information online for families affected by drugs and alcohol.
Find an Adfam support group near you.

DrugFAM offers phone and email support to people affected by other people’s drug or alcohol misuse. Email: or call the helpline: 0300 888 3853.

Families Anonymous is based on the same principles as Alcoholics Anonymous. It runs local support groups for the family and friends of people with a drug problem. Email: or call the helpline: 0207 4984 680.

Release offers free, confidential advice on drugs law for people who use drugs, and their families. Email: or call the helpline: 020 7324 2989.

Plus Plus What support is available if I want to stop gambling?

GamCare offers free information, support, and counselling for problem gamblers in the UK.

It runs the National Gambling Helpline (0808 8020 133) and offers face-to-face counselling.

The National Centre for Behavioural Addictions includes the National Problem Gambling Clinic (including the Young Persons’ Problem Gambling Clinic) and the National Centre for Gaming Disorders.

If you live in England or Wales, are aged 16 or over and have complex problems related to gambling, you can refer yourself to the National Problem Gambling Clinic. See if you meet the criteria for this service.

If you live in England or Wales, are aged 13 or over and have complex problems related to gaming, you can refer yourself to the National Centre for Gaming Disorders.

NHS Northern Gambling Service provides specialist addiction therapy in the north of England, including the north Midlands. Find out about referrals and contacting the Northern Gambling Service.

The Gordon Moody Association offers residential courses for men and women who have problems with gambling – email or call 01384 241292 to find out more.

It also runs the Gambling Therapy website, which offers online support to problem gamblers and their friends and family.

Gamblers Anonymous UK runs local support groups that use the same 12-step approach to recovery from addiction as Alcoholics Anonymous. There are also GamAnon support groups for friends and family.


Plus Plus Safeguarding links

If the person is in immediate danger, call 999. If a non-emergency crime is being committed, call 101.

Otherwise, if you suspect a person is experiencing abuse or neglect, you can make a safeguarding referral using the information below

Buckinghamshire (Adults) – Report a Concern 

Buckinghamshire (Children) – Report a concern about a child

Central Bedfordshire (Adults) – Protecting vulnerable adults from harm 

Central Bedfordshire (Children) – If you want to report abuse of a child, please call the Children’s Team on 0300 300 8585

Hertfordshire (Adults) – Report a concern about an adult – form 

Hertfordshire (Children) – Call 0300 123 4043

Milton Keynes (Adults) – Safeguarding Adults and Children

Milton Keynes (Children) – Call 01908 253169 or 01908 253170 (Mon-Thu 9-5 and Fri 9-4). Outside of these hours, you can call the Emergency Social Work team on 01908 265545. Alternatively, you can email

Oxfordshire (Adults) – Raise a safeguarding concern for an adult 

Oxfordshire (Children) – Report child abuse 

Slough (Adults) – Report suspected adult abuse

Slough (Children) – Emergencies/Concerns 

Hillingdon (Adults) – Safeguarding adults 

Hillingdon (Children) – Concerned about a child’s safety?

Harrow (Adults) – You can report abuse by emailing or calling them on 020 8420 9453.

Harrow (Children) – Child protection 

Plus Plus Specialist support for older people

General – Age UK 

Sight/Hearing Loss – Sense

Alzheimer’s – Alzheimer’s Society 

Dementia – Dementia Friends

Loneliness/social isolation – Charity Supporting Older People Through Volunteering 

Plus Plus Support for people with learning disabilities

If you or a member of your family has a learning disability or is autistic then Talkback is a charity that can help. Talkback offers one-to-one practical advice sessions to help with any issues that are causing stress or confusion.

We want all of our customers to feel connected with their community and to be able to ask for help. If you or a member of your family has a learning disability or are autistic and over 25, and would like some free and confidential support, please contact our customer advisers on 0300 303 1010 and they can introduce you to TalkBack.

Alternatively, you can contact Talkback direct by email: or telephone: 01494 434448.