Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
At Paradigm Housing Group, we are committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. We undertake to treat our staff, residents, contractors, partners, suppliers and others we interact with fairly, as well as to promote equality of opportunity and tackle discrimination.
As a social landlord, we provide and deliver services to a variety of communities. Our diverse workforce brings different perspectives and skills into our organisation, which reflect the communities we work in.
We are committed to creating a customer-focused culture, ensuring that EDI is embedded in all areas of our business. Our aim is to increase diversity and inclusion, providing a welcoming environment for customers, colleagues and stakeholders.
We signed up to the CIH Equality & Diversity Charter for Housing, which we use to assess where we are and where we want to be.
Our Group Board holds overall accountability for EDI. The Board is responsible for ensuring compliance with our legal and regulatory requirements and our policy commitments.
An Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Working Group has been set up. Sponsored by two Executive Directors and made up of representatives from across the business, the group meets regularly to raise awareness of all matters related to EDI, understand and analyse our performance and agree action plans.
We are proud of our achievements and progress to date and are committed to continually developing our approach to equality, diversity and inclusion.
You can read our latest EDI report here.
Paradigm’s EDI Statement 2022/23
- We recognise that our diversity will enable us to best understand the housing needs of the communities we serve and in turn help us achieve our vision – to provide excellent services to our customers and build new homes to help more people, while making sure our homes are safe and sustainable and striving to do more by making the most of our resources
- We are committed to understanding the profile of our customers and maintaining up to date records of their EDI data, which will be a priority during 2022-23. We will use this data to tailor our services to meet individual customer needs and preferences
- We will use customer profile data to help us understand how different groups experience our services
- We will use these experiences to identify improvements.
- We strive to be a Best Companies 2* employer by 2026, and our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is integral to this. We work hard to ensure that we have an inclusive and welcoming environment for customers, colleagues and stakeholders that promotes equality and respect, attracts and retains the best talent and where everyone feels like they belong
- Paradigm welcomes everyone who believes in our vision and shares our values, regardless of their age, belief, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, maternity status, marital status, pregnancy, religion, sex or sexual orientation
- We believe that a diverse and inclusive organisation inspires teams to perform better. We recognise the benefits and opportunities of nurturing a diverse community of colleagues
- We have focussed on collecting our colleague EDI data. Hiring and promoting people with different characteristics from a wide range of backgrounds brings benefits to our business and our customers
- Underpinned by our values, we have a zero-tolerance approach to harassment, bullying, offensive and unacceptable behaviour. Staff are able to raise complaints without fearing prejudice or discrimination. We will take action to address any inequality or discrimination identified as set out in our Equal Opportunities/Dignity at Work Policy
- Our most recent annual employee engagement survey (November 2022) shows an increasingly positive result in relation to our proactive approach towards equality, diversity and inclusion within the business.