If the person is in immediate danger, call 999. If a non-emergency crime is being committed, call 101.

Otherwise, if you suspect a person is experiencing abuse or neglect, you can make a safeguarding referral using the information below. You can also call us on 0300 303 1010 to report your concerns, and we will take details of your concerns and liaise with the relevant authority if required. We’re here to help.

Make a safeguarding referral:

Buckinghamshire (Adults) – Report a Concern 

Buckinghamshire (Children) – Report a concern about a child

Central Bedfordshire (Adults) – Protecting vulnerable adults from harm 

Central Bedfordshire (Children) – If you want to report abuse of a child, please call the Children’s Team on 0300 300 8585

Hertfordshire (Adults) – Report a concern about an adult – form 

Hertfordshire (Children) – Call 0300 123 4043

Milton Keynes (Adults) – Safeguarding Adults and Children

Milton Keynes (Children) – Call 01908 253169 or 01908 253170 (Mon-Thu 9-5 and Fri 9-4). Outside of these hours, you can call the Emergency Social Work team on 01908 265545. Alternatively, you can email

Oxfordshire (Adults) – Raise a safeguarding concern for an adult 

Oxfordshire (Children) – Report child abuse 

Slough (Adults) – Report suspected adult abuse

Slough (Children) – Emergencies/Concerns 

Hillingdon (Adults) – Safeguarding adults 

Hillingdon (Children) – Concerned about a child’s safety?

Harrow (Adults) – You can report abuse by emailing or calling them on 020 8420 9453.

Harrow (Children) – Child protection