How to raise a repair and what to expect
How can you report a repair?
You can report a repair by contacting our Customer Service team by:
- Online via myparadigm
- Emailing ContactUs@ParadigmHousing.co.uk
- Calling 0300 303 1010, option 2. Our opening hours are 8 am to 5.30 pm.
- Outside of our opening hours, you can still call 0300 303 1010 to report emergency repairs only.
If you email us, please give as much information as possible about your repair request – including a full address and telephone number.
When you report a repair, please be prepared to provide us with a detailed description of the issue. We may also ask you to provide us with pictures to assist with diagnosing the repair, this will ensure we get the correct engineer to visit your home.
If the repair is an emergency and our offices are closed, you’ll still need to contact the number above.
Help us fix it first time
Wherever possible, we want to make sure that your repair is carried out on our first visit. In order to help us achieve this, we ask you to provide as much detail as possible when reporting your repair.
Our customer service team may also ask you a variety questions to help accurately diagnose the repair needed.
When we visit your home
You should only let someone into your home if you’re sure that they’re genuine.
Our Paradigm operatives will always take these steps to identify themselves before coming into your home. Our operatives will:
- Introduce themselves and explain why they are attending your property
- Produce a Paradigm ID badge
In the majority of cases, they’ll also be wearing a Paradigm uniform.
We do employ contractors to carry out some of our repairs but they will always provide documentation showing that we have instructed them to complete work in your home.
If you are in doubt, do not let the caller in. You can always call our customer services team on 0300 303 1010 and they will be able to confirm if they are from Paradigm or not.
What to expect once the repair is reported
Our Repairs Standard below details our responsibilities and our target response time for fixing it, depending on the type of repair.
We have three priority times:
- 24 Hour Response – For emergency repairs, we will attend within 24 hours. You or a responsible adult over 18 will need to be at home during this time. If we are unable to complete the repair during our visit, we will ensure the situation is made safe until it can be completed. We are unable to provide a time slot for emergency repairs, but our engineer will call you when they are on their way to your home.
- 15 Working Day Response – Our customer service team will book an appointment during your initial call. If you have emailed or reported through our portal, we will call you to do this. Our appointment slots are Monday to Friday, either 8am to 12pm or 12pm to 5:30pm.
- 60 Working Day Response –The customer team will pass the details of your repair to our technical team; a member of the team will contact you within 10 days to arrange an appointment. Repairs that fall into this category are often more complex and sometimes we might need to visit your home to see what work we need to do before we make a start on the repair. We may refer to this as a ‘scoping appointment’.
What time will my engineer arrive?
Once your repair has been booked in, Paradigm On Track will keep you informed every step of the way. To begin with, you’ll receive a text message to confirm the booking and then a reminder message 24 hours before your appointment time.
As soon as our engineer is on the way to you, you will receive a text with an expected arrival time and a link to a webpage where you can see your engineer’s position on a map. You can use the chat facility to communicate directly with the engineer and give them any specific instructions for their arrival (for example, please ring top bell).
After the appointment, another message will invite you to give us your feedback on how everything went.
Haven’t received a text message from us? Please log in to the My Paradigm portal and check that we have the correct mobile number for you.
Repairs in a newly built home
In most instances, the builder/developer of your new home has the responsibility of carrying out repairs for the first 12 months of your home being built. This is referred to as the ‘defect period’. You still need to contact us with your repair request, we will normally send your repair report to the builder. They will then arrange directly with you for the repair to be carried out. Please be aware that some minor repairs may be deferred for completion until the end of the defect period.